27.12.05

The Hijackers

I had just one powerful thought on September 11, the rest of my thoughts were muted by the horror of the day. Those people; that's about all I could muster as I watched the second plane hit and later the towers fall. It was of less a thought, actually, and more of a horrible sinking feeling as it suddenly occured to me that those who committed this act of murder seemed to have created a whole new level of hate and determination, given that they were willing to kill themselves in order to kill us. Historically this was not a first (i.e. Kamikaze pilots during WWII.) . Yet, 19 people were convinced to kill themselves, I thought, until later a report came out that onle a few were actually informed as to the entire extent of the plan. Nevertheless, I just can't get my mind around the idea of how anyone on earth could be convinced to fly a plane into a building. All I could think was, who are these people? Not brainwashed by an emperor, just completely maniacal. Evil.